To provide support to Cable Engineering within the Global Marine fleet encompassing:
- Shallow/Deep Water Cable Installation processes
- Survey Equipment and processes.
- Provide support to the Subsea and Cable Manager in all matters relating to Cable Engineering and Survey.
- Provide support to the Cable Engineering manager and cover for periods when the Cable Engineering Manager is on vacation.
- Provide support with respect to solutions for tenders in terms of equipment necessary to comply with project requirements for Project Engineering.
- Investigate Installation or Repair defects as a result of operations to ascertain cause of defect and identify remedial actions to prevent further occurrences.
- Provide cable engineering support for vessels when faced with non-standard situations.
- Act as interface with Survey Support services contractor.
- Assist development of new practices or procedures which keep Global Marine competitive.
- Previous experience of work in the Offshore environment within the Cable Engineering section in both installation and maintenance
- A HNC or degree in electrical/electronic engineering, hydrographic surveying, Geomatics or Geosciences
- Knowledge of shipboard systems, cable working equipment and systems.
- An understanding of geodetics
- Knowledge of techniques used for deriving position