To lead the Engineering Team within GMSL, proactively supporting our group business strategy and goals, by providing innovative, customer focussed, cost effective and “fit for purpose” engineering solutions.
- Lead a team of permanent and temporary engineers and draughts persons that adds value and contributes to organisational performance.
- Ensure that all engineering solutions are safe and environmentally friendly.
- Support the Bids and Sales teams by providing engineering led solutions that are customer focussed, efficient and cost effective.
- Support the Project Delivery teams in the execution of projects, ensuring that engineering resources are available and that solutions are delivered on time and are “fit for purpose”.
- Provide continuous monitoring and support for projects, ensuring that any devised solution remains feasible with the changing scenarios and constraints, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide technical advice and where applicable, budget costs for other business units of Global Marine / CWind.
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance with the company RQHSE policies and procedures, including Risk Assessments, Design Logs, and Management of Change procedures.
- Have the ability to set and work to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Oversee the mobilisation of modular equipment on to vessels as required by the business units.
- Manage the provisioning/sub-contracting SOW for subcontractors’ services, and conduct evaluation of received proposals.
- Drive down costs by identifying the best suppliers and technologies.
- Review engineering reports and ensure they are compliant with appropriate rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Build up an archive of standard procedures & method statements, to assist and improve the quality and standard of operational activities.
- Responsible for the effective line and performance management of all direct reports, as well as their motivation and development.
- Carry out additional tasks, as required by our business (within your knowledge and capability)
- Work on site, in the UK and abroad, as required by our business units.
- Engineering Degree, preferably CENG or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of Wind Farm operations including inter array and export cable installation.
- Experienced in offshore/subsea installation of telecoms cable.
- Experience of Oil & Gas Projects
- An understanding of offshore operational standards (IMCA or similar)
- A good understanding of offshore RQHSE rules, regulations and requirements.
- Experienced in international project work, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Working to targets both financial and time based
- Well versed in the application of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and AutoCad.
- Experience of working offshore, in cable installation of Oil & Gas projects.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and application to the Renewables industry.
- Renewables O&M industry and associated engineering support requirements.
- Ability to undertake assessments and make recommendations on vessels of opportunity for possible purchase or charter.
- Ship Design, new build and conversion projects.
- Offshore Survival / Medical Certification