To understand and interpret high level customer technical requirements for submarine cable installation in the telecoms, renewables and Oil & Gas sectors and be responsible for creating commercially attractive technical installation solutions meeting the business strategy in the pre-order project phase.
- Analyse and interpret ‘request-for-proposal’ documentation to design a technically compliant solution within the designated timeframe.
- Coordinate cross-departmental input for producing a cost effective full engineered technical solution.
- Produce design solutions (Plan of Work) in Microsoft Project format with supporting detailed technical methodology.
- Prepare Scope of Work compliancy documentation for inclusion into proposals and contracts.
- Support Proposal Engineers in the costing and preparation of customer proposals
- Work closely with operational and finance teams for provision of external services and costs required to produce an effective solution.
- Support the project handover process, preparing handover documentation for the project execution.
- If requested attend Customer meetings to provide technical support and clarification for bespoke marine solutions in the UK and overseas.
- Background in offshore telecoms, renewables or Oil & Gas & marine environment
- Competent skills in technical writing (methodologies, etc.) in the English language
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office suite of programmes
- Experience with MS Project or Primavera.
- Ability and flexibility to work to tight deadlines.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of submarine cables across telecoms, Oil & Gas or renewables markets.
- Experience of risk analysis and mitigation.