Responsible for creating customer compliant solutions in the pre-order project phase. The role holder has the key position of translating high-level customer requirements into workable technical solutions.
- Attend Customer meetings to provide technical support and clarification for bespoke marine solutions.
- Analyse and interpret ‘request-for-proposal’ documentation to design a technically compliant solution within the designated timeframe.
- Coordinate cross-departmental input for producing a cost effective engineered technical solution.
- Produce design solutions (Plan of Work) in Microsoft Project format with supporting methodology.
- Prepare Scope of Work documentation for inclusion into proposals and contracts.
- Support Proposal Engineers in the costing and preparation of customer proposals
- Work closely with operational and finance teams for provision of external services and costs required to produce an effective solution.
- Support the project handover process, preparing handover documentation for the project execution.
- From time to time, when required be prepared to carry out the cross functional role of Proposals Engineer.
- Background in offshore & marine environment
- Experience in Microsoft Office – Project, Word, Excel, PDF, etc.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Extensive technical expertise in the installation and maintenance of submarine telecommunications and power cables or with similar knowledge and experience in the oil & gas market.